Welcome

Feel free to leave your comments or suggestions.



Watch for pics or videos of the day



Send me your pics



Restaurant reviews



Movie reviews



Real life stories



Have a question, maybe I can answer.



Does something piss you off, tell me about it.



Need to know if a movie is worth watching- ask the expert


IF YOU WANT TO ADVERTISE ON MY SITE GIVE ME A SHOUT - LOW FEES







Friday, June 3, 2011

RESTAURANT REVIEW OF THE WEEK

PALATAL EXPRESS   (288 SHERBROOK)
My favorite place to eat for the past 20 years plus has been PALATAL MONGOLIAN STIR FRY. It used to be an all you could eat buffet on Pembina. You gathered all your meats vegetables, noodles and sauces- gave it to the cooks who prepared it right in front of you to your liking. It was cooked on a giant round flat skillet. My wife and I went at least once a month- it was awesome. When it closed it was like the end of the world. But then we discovered “PALATAL EXPRESS” on 288 Sherbrook.  Its run by most of the same great staff as the Pembina location.  It’s the same great food – just not buffet style. You pick all your own meats, noodles and sauces-cooked the same way –right in front of you. Great prices and great service and still my favorite place to eat.

SMOKE’S POUTINERIE      (131 ALBERT)
This eatery just opened and I was anxious to try it – I was not disappointed. Good portion for your buck-and great tasting. I had the Philly cheese steak (shaved roast beef, cheese sauce, roasted red peppers, sautéed mushrooms, and caramelized onions/ all on top of fries and gravy. Yum. There are many different combinations to choose from and I can’t wait to try them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment